Data Governance Initiatives
Since its conception, the Data Governance Program has completed the following:
Established new risk-based Data Classifications
- Formally recognized 4 data domain responsible committees / teams and delegated authority to those teams.
- Established 15 role-based groups to which proper access rights can be assigned in order to distribute institutional analytical content.
- Through the PCI-CT team trained over 4000 operators on compliance pci-charter-v5
- Established new policy for what data will be included in the Student Directory and how requests for that directory will be handled.
- Through the efforts of the HIPAA Compliance Program, have trained over 12,000 faculty and staff on HIPAA requirements.
Initiatives currently being worked on:
- Drafting and approving a Restricted Administrative Data Authorization policy
- Drafting and approving policy governing the identity attributes that will be released to authorized applications
- Drafting policy governing the use of Gender Identity
- Data definitions:
- Implementing an online data dictionary for UW-Madison