What is the Business Intelligence Community of Experts at UW-Madison? In aligning with the priorities established for our institution, the mission of the Business Intelligence Community of Experts is to allow for and facilitate campus-wide data-driven decision making.
A Business Intelligence Community of Experts (BICoE), by definition, promotes the use of analytics within the institution to achieve business objectives. It is a central hub for
promoting collaboration, for developing analytical best practices and for evolving the analytical infrastructure.
The Community will be a key factor in the education of our institutional data and in the use of the tools to access that data. Requests for information can be funneled through the BICoE for prioritization, workloads can be better managed, and assistance with Data Stewardship can be promoted and operationalized as well. The team can assist in developing analytical talent amongst itself as well as others across the institution.
The BICoE will be responsible for:
- Supporting and promoting the use of analytics at UW Madison
- Training users on the different analytical tools and capabilities at UW Madison as well as the different data domains and data structures available to us
- Triaging requests for information from our UW Madison community
- Documenting and enforcing standards relating to the output and production of analytical content for UW Madison.
- Helping to promote the importance of data quality within the institution and within UW System
- Helping to gradually change the culture of UW Madison to always apply context relevant, data informed evidence to decisions that need to be made.
- Continuously developing analytical talent
- Developing and maintaining the shared operational reporting content for UW-Madison