In aligning with the priorities established for the University of Wisconsin – Madison, the mission of the Data Governance Program is to allow for and facilitate data-driven decision making. The Data Governance Steering Committee has been established to sponsor and ensure the success of that program.
The Data Governance Steering Committee is responsible for:
- Provide executive level guidance to the program.
- Determining priority of major data-related projects.
- Allocating budget for said projects where appropriate
- Assisting in assigning resources to said projects where appropriate
- Promote Data Governance across UW-Madison
- Assist in removing barriers to the implementation and on-going operations of the program.
The Data Governance Steering Committee will meet bi-annually.
The Data Governance Steering Committee is comprised of the following roles:
Provost & Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration
Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education
Vice Provost for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
Vice Provost for Enrollment Management
Chief Data Officer (Ex-Officio & Non-Voting)