In aligning with the priorities established for the University of Wisconsin – Madison, the mission of the Data Governance Program is to allow for and facilitate data-driven decision making. The Data Stewardship Council has been established to determine the operational structure of the program.
The Data Governance Stewardship Council is responsible for:
- Drafting and recommending for approval data related policies
- Facilitating the communication of institutional data-related policies across UW-Madison
- Promoting Data Governance across UW-Madison
- Implementing major data-related projects
- Recommending the need for resources and budget for the implementation of major data-related projects
- Monitoring key metrics related to the ongoing program operations
The Data Governance Stewardship Council will meet monthly.
- A quorum for the Stewardship Council is met if 10 members are present.
- Formal decisions on policy, recommendations to the Steering Committee, etc need to be ratified by the Council and can be called to order only if a quorum exists.
- Minutes will be taken for each meeting and will be approved by the Council at the next meeting.
Vice Provost for Diversity
Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning
Associate University Librarian
Associate Vice Provost – Academic Planning & Institutional Research
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Legal Affairs
Executive Director, University Communications
University Records Officer
Director of Risk
Director of Human Resources
Vice Chancellor of Business Services
Associate Dean for Biomedical Informatics
Assistant Professor – Education